administrating BIND with Private IPs

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Sat Feb 24 09:13:26 UTC 2001

First, thanks for your reply ...

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 06:20:38PM -0500, Kevin Darcy wrote:

> You should *never* put private IP addresses in the public DNS.

I was suspecting that, that's why I sent this post ...

> Stick with what you're already doing. Your "fake domain" setup is
> actually just an implementation of "split DNS", and it is exactly how
> this situation should be addressed. What don't you like about it?

For starters, I have to tweak many services I have in my system, for
example, people who connect to my ftp, they see my fake domain, and I
had a hard time trying to configure sendmail properly (it was using
the fake domain) ... And I though there was a more "elegant" way to
deal with this.