administrating BIND with Private IPs

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Fri Feb 23 19:05:33 UTC 2001

 Better to rephrase that since RFC 1918 space is properly delegated
in the Internet to the servers blackhole.ep.net and blackhole.isi.edu.
They serve a very useful purpose.

 Perhaps you might mean, "You should *NEVER* claim to be authoritative,
in the Internet, for address space you have not been delegated."

%
%
% You should *never* put private IP addresses in the public DNS.
%
% Stick with what you're already doing. Your "fake domain" setup is
% I can prevent somebody who may try to resolve
% > fake.domain.com and receive such a private address.
% >
% > I'd like people outside to be able to resolve host.domain.com and
% > host2.domain.com, and leave the 192.168.1.X info for my LAN
% > exclusively (eth1)
% >
% > Right now, in NS2 I have a fake domain for my fake machines in my LAN,
% > but I don't like this solution.
% >
% > Gee! it is really hard to explain what I am trying to do, I am not a
% > native speaker of english :(
% >
% > Hope somebody here gets the idea ........
% >
% > --
% > ----------------------------------------------------
% > Maximo Ramos
% > >From The Land of The Morning Calm
% > "I am free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally."
%
%
%
%