Odd nslookup result on a non-existant domain.

David P. Hansen dph at 12move.dk
Fri Feb 23 11:56:42 UTC 2001

Hi,

after I upgraded bind to 8.2.3, I've been getting this weird output from
nslookup, when I try to resolve a bongus domainname:

mydomain:~% nslookup blah.dumidej.dk
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    mydomain.dk
Address:  v.x.y.z
Aliases:  blah.dumidej.dk.mydomain.dk

Where mydomain.dk is the domainname for the Linux box.

What it should do, is to say that blah.dumdidej.dk doesn't exist.

I've tried the FAQs, the documentations, and the archive... but haven't
been able to find a solution for the problem :\ - hope you guys can help
:)

/david

--
The WWW is exciting because Microsoft doesn't own it, and therefore,
there's a tremendous amount of innovation happening.