Looking for documentation on chroot

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Feb 22 23:51:59 UTC 2001

    Thomas> I have upgraded to 9.1.0 version but I have not found how
    Thomas> to start the name server as non-root.  Is there anny
    Thomas> documentation on how to do this??

Yes. It's in the man page for named (in doc/man/bin) and the BIND9
Administrator's Reference Manual (in doc/arm).

    Thomas> What do I need to do to get the non-root to work with
    Thomas> 9.1.0?

Type "named -u uid".

BTW, your Subject: header refers to chroot, not running the name server
as a non-root user. So if that was the question you meant to ask, it's
documented in the same places. The magic incantation for that is
"named -t foo" where foo is the pathname for the chroot jail.