chroot Bind

M_THACH_XUAN marc.thach at radianz.com
Wed Feb 21 13:48:10 UTC 2001

I've just read Scott Wunch's Chroot-BIND HOWTO v1.2.1, 30 January 2001 at
http://www.losurs.org/docs/howto/Chroot-BIND.html
This doc is very helpful but leaves one question for me which I hope somebody
can answer.  Is it actually necessary to recompile the BIND code, or can I just
copy the existing binaries?  i.e. does the change to the makefile alter the
resulting binary or merely where the binary is installed?  You see, I have a
problem with UNIX makefiles.  I've trawled around the bind-users archives but
can't find an answer to this one.
Marc Thach Xuan Ky
marc.thach at tesco.net