IPv6 support for Bind 9.1.1rc2 on Redhat 7.0?!?

Stefan Schmid sschmid at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 13:23:40 UTC 2001

Hello again ...

  maybe I have to be a bit more specific ...

  I am running redhat 7.0 (kernel 2.2.17) and bind9.1.1rc ... Regarding ipv4
everything works fine, but there seems to be a fundamental problem with v6.
When I start named, I get the following error in my logs:

dns6 bin/named/named[14967]: IPv6 structures in kernel and user space do not
match.
dns6 bin/named/named[14967]: IPv6 support is disabled.

  As far I know there are some compatibility issues with redhat's glibc and
bind9.1.1rc. Is that right?

  Also, are there any other linux versions (e.g. slackware, or debian) which
do not have this problem?

Thanks,

- Stefan