Dynamic Update NS record

gopu at hybrid.com gopu at hybrid.com
Wed Feb 14 19:03:45 UTC 2001

I was trying to use nsupdate to dynamically add NS records.

PROBLEM: After the first addition rest all records are ignored (not added).

For eg.: (domain name is kerala.hybrid.com.)
% nsupdate
> update add kerala.hybrid.com. 3600 IN NS dns1.hybrid.com.
>
> update add kerala.hybrid.com. 3600 IN NS dns2.hybrid.com.

dns1.hybrid.com would be added, but dns2 is not added. Can any one help me
ASAP.

Assume the IP addresses (the A records) for the dns servers are already
present in the DNS database. I don't really know whether that even matters
or not.

Thanks in prior
--Gopu

Come See Hybrid At ......
3rd Annual Broadband Wireless World Forum
February 19-20 San Francisco, CA

Hybrid
Gopakumar H. Pillai
Hybrid Networks, Inc.