Delegation of CIDR Block

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 13 16:08:01 UTC 2001

>> A single line in the ISP reverse domain would do the trick:
>>
>> $GENERATE 16-31 $  CNAME  $.rev.cust.com.
>
>Is that all the isp has to do?

Well, he has to bump the serial number and reload the zone, of course.

Then the changes have to propagate out to the rest of the name servers
authoritative for that reverse zone.

And cached entries in the rest of the world have to time out :)

>How can I convince an isp that my dns config is ok?

Haven't got an answer for that one.
Someone else ?

Tks        | <mailto:BVance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511

> A single line in the ISP reverse domain would do the trick:
>
> $GENERATE 16-31 $  CNAME  $.rev.cust.com.

Bob,

Is that all the isp has to do?
How can I convince an isp that my dns config is ok?

Thanx
Philipp