Rehashing split views et al in bind 9.1

Jakob Schlyter jakob at crt.se
Fri Feb 9 15:19:25 UTC 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Cott Lang wrote:

> With bind 9, I was hoping I could merge the two into one config file and
> only run one copy of Bind with views. I, like many people out there, hoped
> that Views would "fall through".  i.e., I could have an internal and an
> external view - the internal view would be queried first and if an answer
> wasn't found, then the external view would be queried.

I've solved this by adding

	forwarder { outside-view-address; }; forward only;

to the "internal" view (which doesn't match the outside-view-address in
it's match-clients statement).

/Jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter <jakob at crt.se>                Network Analyst
Phone:  +46 31 701 42 13, +46 70 595 07 94   Carlstedt Research & Technology