Help Please Bind 9.1.0

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Feb 6 13:57:43 UTC 2001

    Mohammed> 1. To compile Bind in single threaded mode it is enough
    Mohammed> to do this ./configure --disable-threads or do I have to
    Mohammed> do anything else ?

No, that's enough. Be sure to do a make clean beforehand, just to be
on the safe side.

    Mohammed> 2. I have found a perl script in the contrib directory
    Mohammed> called nanny.pl, would that help if single threaded
    Mohammed> compile still use high CPU ?

I don't think so. IIRC this perl script just watches for a running
name server and starts named again if the process dies. In your case,
the name server is still running so there probably isn't anything that
nanny.pl can do.