Help Please Bind 9.1.0

Mohammed Ghanawi mohammed.ghanawi at hct.ac.ae
Tue Feb 6 12:48:37 UTC 2001

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply.

1. To compile Bind in single threaded mode it is enough to do this
    ./configure --disable-threads
    or do I have to do anything else ?

2. I have found a perl script in the contrib directory called nanny.pl,
    would that help if single threaded compile still use high CPU ?

Thanks ...

Jim Reid wrote:

> Your problem could be a BIND9 bug, though I'm inclined to suspect your
> operating system's thread software.
>
> Can you reproduce the problem? If so, how? Have you tried running a
> version of BIND9 that has been compiled in single-threaded mode?
>
> Once you have assembled enough facts and observations that could help
> identify the problem, mail bind9-bugs at isc.org. Don't send the core
> dump because it'll be too big to be sent in mail. Keep it in case
> somebody asks for it.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: mohammed.ghanawi.vcf
-- Desc: Card for Mohammed Ghanawi