strange dns problem

Folke Ashberg folke at xame.de
Fri Feb 2 18:16:55 UTC 2001

Hi!

Both NameServers have different settigns!

Try:
dig @ns1.changeip.com soundinsightinc.com
and you'll get 162.40.197.156
dig @ns1.changeip.com soundinsightinc.com
and you'll get 162.40.198.39

Also both have different Serials!
dig @ns1.changeip.com soundinsightinc.com -t SOA  -->serial is 3
dig @ns2.changeip.com soundinsightinc.com -t SOA  -->serial is 8

You should check that @ns2 the zone is configured as slave and @ns1 as
master, also you should add to soundinsightinc.com in /etc/named.conf
allow-transfer {209.68.208.21;};
(into the zones config)
otherwise ns2 isn't allowed to xfer the zone.

Regards
Folke

- --
Folke Ashberg