DNS over DSL

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Fri Feb 2 17:24:50 UTC 2001

Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in
<95d08r$m6e at pub3.rc.vix.com>:

>NOTE: your zone's NS records don't match its delegations (hostpro.net
>versus netlimited.net). Naugthy, naughty. While you're changing your
>delegations anyway, you should take the time to fix that.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I guess I'll get that fixed as part of adding
the additional server.

The other problem is that all 4 servers (those listed in com and those
listed in kensingtonlabs.com are all on the same segment. I did a bit of
poking around in that segment and discovered a whole nameserver farm. (Did
nslookup on nearby IP addresses.) HostPro is now owned by Micron, which has
multiple datacenters (Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles), and I'm wondering
why they don't move every other server to their other 2 datacenters.