DNS over DSL

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Thu Feb 1 20:37:59 UTC 2001

I'd like to bring control of my DNS in-house. Currently it's hosted by
netlimited.net and my office gateway, on a 416 kbps SDSL line, is an
unadvertised slave allowed to transfer. I'm thinking of reversing the
relationship and having my gateway become the master. Since the gateway
is a member of the domain, what needs to happen? I'm figuring that a NS
and A (glue) record must be added both to the domain's zone file and
the NSI's record in the root server. Is that correct?

For reference, the domain is kensingtonlabs.com, and the gateway is
smtp.kensingtonlabs.com.

Ken
mailto:shiva at well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]