My name server keeps sending NOTIFY requests

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Feb 1 04:38:50 UTC 2001

	Is this a dynamic zone?

	Do you have an expired child zone and are reloading regularly?

	BIND 8.2.3 fixed some bugs in the handling of notifies. Your
	symptoms don't match those of a known bug but it may have been
	fixed as a side effect.  Note, by default, 8.2.3 slaves sends
	notify messages.  This can be controlled by "notify no;" at
	the zone level.

	As you are running 8.2.2-P7 I draw your attention to the
	following security page.
	http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security.html

	Mark

--