DNS Config

F. Even bindlists at elitists.org
Mon Dec 17 20:38:46 UTC 2001

...and to actually get http://yearbook working, you might have to do some
tricks on the webserver side itself.  The zone file should have an A record
for "yearbook" (or "yearbook.example.com." depending on how you are doing
it).

The individual clients should be configured to append "example.com" to the
addresses they use.  This can be done statically or through DHCP.  OR, if
you do not want to do that, if you are using Apache as a webserver, you can
configure "yearbook" as a VirtualHost and it will accomplish the same thing.
I have done this myself...typing "something" in my browser is a lot "easier"
than other things.  Actually, now that I am remembering, I actually do have
the domain on my clients automatically appending, but the problem was my
remote webserver would not recognize the request for "something" as opposed
to "something.example.com."  It just spit up the main page, so I configured
a VirtualHost for "something" also.