BIND dying

Terrence Koeman root at mediamonks.net
Fri Dec 14 03:50:59 UTC 2001

Forgot to mention:

I have lots and lots of events from named-xfer, which weren't there
when BIND worked correctly. They are not errors though:

12/14/2001,4:50:40
AM,named-xfer.exe,Information,None,3,N/A,NS1,"print_output: short
answer (94, 348), zone <zone> "
12/14/2001,4:50:39
AM,named-xfer.exe,Information,None,3,N/A,NS1,"print_output: short
answer (94, 364), zone <zone> "
12/14/2001,4:50:38
AM,named-xfer.exe,Information,None,3,N/A,NS1,"print_output: short
answer (94, 348), zone <zone> "

Where <zone> is the same zone as in the warnings.

And this goes on and on, about 1 per 10 seconds.

Also my apologies that I cannot tell you the actual zone name. I'm
slaving this zone for a customer.

- --
Regards,

Terrence Koeman

Technical Director/Administrator
MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.nl)

Please quote all replies in correspondence.

thus BIND is killing itself while it should kill a named-xfer process.