BIND dying

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Dec 14 02:21:09 UTC 2001

At 09:35 AM 12/12/01, Terrence Koeman wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I suddenly have BIND dying on me because of a failed zone transfer.
>
>This is in my logfile:
>
>12-Dec-2001 09:32:34.000 default: warning: zone transfer timeout for
>"zone"; pid 536 kill failed Errcode: 10035: Operation would block
>12-Dec-2001 09:33:04.000 default: warning: zone transfer timeout for
>"zone"; second kill pid 536 - forgetting, processes may accumulate
>
>BIND 8.2.5-NT on Windows 2000 AS SP2

It's most unlikely that warning caused BIND to die. These messages indicate
that you have a timeout during the attempted zone transfer. You should check
your network for connectivity to the other server.  Is this the slave? What
other messages are there in the logs to indicate that it died? How large is
the zone file?

         Danny