Reverse problem

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Tue Dec 11 17:33:32 UTC 2001

> I have installed Bind 8.2.5 under Windows NT. I have configured it. It
works
> to resolve names. But when I launch "nslookup 192.1.2.7" to get reverse
> resolution, the answer is "poste.domain.2.1.192.in-addr.arpa". How to get
> the answer "poste.domain" ? Do I have problem in configuration ?

Yes, you probably have a PTR record in the zone that's missing the trailing
dot at the end of the RDATA, e.g.,

7.2.1.192.in-addr.arpa.    IN    PTR    poste.domain

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes