problem with local zones

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Wed Dec 5 19:56:58 UTC 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:47:55PM -0300, tadeu wrote:
> I need that the server shows these information. I want
> to configure a server of a zone son so that it stops
> to try to find the 13 servers root and decides the
> names in its propria tree. This happens because I am
> modifying the internal structure of the DNS. With this
> the servers of names children had stopped to find its
> brother, deciding only external addresses my network.

Oh, you're trying to ignore certain messages but keep others? You really
need the Cricket book (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/), this is
clearly explained in there.

I forget offhand what all the different categories mean, but I'd start
commenting out certain "category" lines until I had only the logs I
wanted (this is what the DNS & BIND book recommends, IIRC). "eventlib"
is the noisiest category, as I recall, so start comment that one first,
and go from there.

--
Nate Campi | Terra Lycos DNS | SF UNIX Operations | (415) 276-8678

"I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown