Just One unknown host?

Randy Hislop rhislop at mail.eba.ca
Tue Aug 28 13:23:16 UTC 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: pelln at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu.invalid
[mailto:pelln at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu.invalid]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 6:14 PM
To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
Subject: Re: Just One unknown host?

Randy Hislop <rhislop at mail.eba.ca> wrote:

> I posted this in the news group but it did not appear.  I posted one on
the
> 20th too, and it did not appear,,, hmmm.
> People in our domain are sending and receiving mail to/from hither and yon
> all the time with no problem,,,, except for one or two places, on of which
> is.. bficanada.com. I can send mail there if I dial up to an ISP and send
> it from there, but if I try from here, no go.... unkknown host. They can't
> send mail to me either.

bficanada.com has an unusually short TTL as default, and
have both their nameservers at the end of the same link from
their ISP, thus any network disturbances will isolate them.

( aim at foot, pull trigger, poof --- ahhhhhh )

> Randy... from.... eba-eng.com
Well , your second nameserver "f02s02.tac.net" is out for lunch :-(
Better fix it before the last one breaks.

Randy says....
Why do you think it's out to lunch?