will Bind (OpenVMS) will permit 2 sites on 1 IP address (& how?)

Brian Salomaki brian at gambitdesign.com
Sun Aug 26 17:20:31 UTC 2001

As long as you can set up IIS to use the name-based virtual hosts (Which I'm
almost certain you can), there should be no problem doing things as you
described.  You should not need to register xxx.org.com with anybody, just
add it to your zone file for org.com.  Adding this is something that any
beginner DNS administrator should be able to do, so your admin should have no
problem doing that.

I doubt you'll need the DNS & BIND book for this, but if you are going to be
dealing more with the DNS server, or your organization has no competent
administrator for the system, it might be a helpful read.

--
Brian Salomaki
Gambit Design Internet Services