How to override too-short TTL?

Daemeon Reiydelle daemeonr at anthros.com
Tue Aug 21 01:32:56 UTC 2001

Perhaps you would be more appreciated if you read the email and your
reply before you hit send.

Your answer, now that you give your understanding, is "I don't know or
wish to point out how to do so in the code, and there is no parameter to
do so".

Bind is not the RFC's. Bind is an IMPLEMENTATION of the applicable
RFC's, together with a few workarounds (like allowing '_' and '-' in
host names), some bits with DHCP leases, etc.

Unless you are the final arbiter for all things BIND, it seems that this
may be a topic for discussion.

Is there any justification to include a minimal ttl override in
ns_cache's storage of the data? This would override ALL TTL's, even my
own. It seems to me that this is a good idea, since the TTL override is
a bozo filter, even for my own bozoness (like forgetting to put a ttl
stanza in, which I have of course NEVER done ;{)

Any thoughts anyone?

--
Daemeon Reiydelle Ph: 510.231.0880
Systems Engineer, Anthropomorphics Inc.