secondary.com

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Mon Aug 20 10:44:55 UTC 2001

Hi Trond,

>I have configured and set up a nameserver, but I have not registrered it yet.
>I have set up secondary.com to handle my secondary zone configuration setups.
>But, when I ran a zone check utility it complained about some errors in my
>configuration.
>When I corrected them, I told secondary.com to force a reload of my zones.
>But when it is finished reloading

how do you know it did anything here?

>  the serial number hasn`t changed.
>What did secondary.com reload then?

best to ask secondary.com

>I haven`t received any answers from secondary.com yet
>, so I figured I would give this list a try.

do you see AXFR-to-secondary.com log lines in your named.run log
file?  that´s the best evidence that secondary.com did anything.

sine qua non, is your NS answering 'aa' for its delegated zones?

>My nameserver resides on 213.236.166.88

how about a domain name or two to check?

>This list may be the wrong place to ask..but you guys seem to have
>everything figured out

It´s all smoke and mirrors, thanks for being fooled.  :))

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways