Mail Problem

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 08:42:20 UTC 2001

JayL wrote:

>   I am running bind on a RH box and everything seems to be working
> fine.  I am having a weird problem.  Most people do not have a problem
> sending an email to my domain wincap.com; however, when I send an
> email from yahoo mail or hotmail, it gets returned with a "Couldn't
> find a host with that name" error.  I have no idea why this is
> happening.  nslookups look fine and most ISPs/DNS servers do not have
> a problem.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

ns1.winstar.net has problems - so thats probably the main issue
(Thanks to doc).

ns.amyandjay.com isn't returning authoritative answers, and has
other weird behaviour (Is this really BIND?).

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768