Strange one...

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Wed Aug 15 05:50:08 UTC 2001

> Maybe someone of you can help with this...
>
> We're a small hosting company, and we moved a domain over from Interland
to our
> servers. The registrar records were changed to our dns servers as usual,
and we
> thought all was well.
>
> After DNS caches died out and the changes propagated, we found that the
primary
> domain (ptanderson.com in this case) worked fine - it pointed to our
servers
> and worked well. However, when entering in "www.ptanderson.com" the old
site
> came up. At first we chalked it up to cache problems and decided to wait
> awhile, but now a month later we're still having the same problem!
>
> I'm totally stumped by this. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer. I've been doing this for several years
and
> have never had a problem like this.

www.ptanderson.com was registered through TUCOWS as a name server
at some point, and that registration wasn't changed when the IP address
changed:

% whois www.ptanderson.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Server Name: WWW.PTANDERSON.COM
   IP Address: 209.35.79.116
   Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
   Referral URL: http://www.opensrs.org

If www.ptanderson.com isn't, in fact, a name server, you should delete the
registration.

cricket

PS

Loved "Magnolia," especially the Aimee Mann soundtrack.