Starting BIND on Windows 2000

Lists at Curtis-M-Kularski.com Lists at Curtis-M-Kularski.com
Sun Aug 12 01:13:45 UTC 2001

It is mentioned on page 80.  I tried the given information and some
variations of it and it did not work.  The command listed is #
/usr/sbin/named.  I reread that page and I understand a little better,
but where is that location located?  On a standard Windows system, where
should I place all of the configuration files and db(zonenamehere)
files?  After I have relocated the files (that currently live at
d:\windows\system32\dns\ect), what would be the appropriate startup
parameters?

I have been working with DNS Zones for a few months now, but I am a
newbie with BIND.

Your book has been a great help, I don't think I could have gotten this
far without it.

Thank you for whatever information you can provide.

Sincerely,
Curtis M. Kularski

--
Curtis M. Kularski
Curtis at Kularski.net

Microsoft Associate Expert
http://Microsoft.com/WindowsXP/ExpertZone

Ask.com AnswerPoint Enthusiast (Bronze level)
http://AnswerPoint.Ask.com