Starting BIND on Windows 2000

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Sat Aug 11 23:50:54 UTC 2001

> > I have created all of my db.(zone) files, and the named.conf file.  I
> > have started the BIND Control Panel also.  I am following the
> > instruction in the book "DNS and BIND 4th edition", but they don't seem
> > to be working. I type "# /ect/named" in Startup Parameters, then I click
>
> Where in the WORLD does it tell you to do that? It's not even valid on
> a UNIX system.

I just used Safari to search "DNS and BIND" for "/etc/named" and it only
occurs
in a few places:  some "ps" output that didn't change between versions and a
BIND 4 debugging example.

Curtis, can you tell me which instructions you're referring to?

"/ect/named," as you might imagine, doesn't occur in the book.  :-)

cricket