How to get verbose logging ?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Fri Aug 10 06:06:11 UTC 2001

> Thanks for the quick response,
>
> > 	The current BIND 9.1 release is BIND 9.1.3.  We recommend that all
> > 	BIND 9.1 users run BIND 9.1.3.  You are just buying yourself trouble
> > 	if you stay at BIND 9.1.0.
> >

> Is this is a secutity of operation concerned ?  This servers runs behind
> a firewall and serves only few secondaries.

	It's a correctness of operation issue.  Go look at the
	bind9-users archive from when BIND 9.1.0 was release to
	now.  BIND 9.1.3 is very much more stable that BIND 9.1.0.

> > > The server work well but we can't see the verbose logging
> > messages we got
> > > used to and love so much. This include xfer notifications,
> > xfers, reloading
> > > of zone files, etc.
> >
> > 	You will need to goto 9.2 (currently 9.2.0rc1) to get this level
> > 	of logging.
>
> I will look forward for it. I hope it will come out of the box with verbose
> logging. Having to learn all these channel and logging stuff was an
> unpleasent
> experience.
>
> What about going back to the the latest 8.x (assuming that redhat 7.1
> supports it),
> any problem with that ?

	There is no problem with going back but all development is
	happening in BIND 9.  There are bugs in BIND 8 that will
	not be fixed as they are addressed by BIND 9.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com