two bind on same machine - is it possible?

mark Mullai mmullai at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 01:21:43 UTC 2001

 Since they dont share the same port 53 it should work But who will be calling on port 54?besides both will be listening on both IP's at different ports. 53 and 54

Anyways it is only academic. No useful purpose!

Mark

  Fred Lofler <henne at firemail.de> wrote:
Hi,

first let me explain what I want to do ..

I got two IPs, say 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.3 on the same machine.
There is a domain already running on this server, 10.0.0.1 got
ns.bind1.net

Now I want to install a second one, 10.0.0.3 as ns.bind2.net

The zones got to be completely different - every ns got it´s own zones.
ns.bind1.net is connected to port 53 - the second one would get port
e.g. 54.

Every ns get´s it´s own named.conf, so as I got the idea, it should
work.

I didn´t tried it yet, because I don´t want to destroy the existing
ns.bind1.net.

My question is - does this work? Or is there another way to get two bind
running
on the same machine? Hope I didn´t expain it to much confused.

Im gonna try this on a RH7.0 with bind 8.2.3 installed.

Thank you very much for answers,

Fred