Multiple hostnames on single ip-address

Sir postroad at mediaone.net
Sat Apr 28 03:12:24 UTC 2001

Apache Name virtual hosting means that apache listens to an IP and port and
actual reads the URL request. It then serves up different virtual servers so,

www.domain1.com.    IN    A    1.2.3.4
www.domain2.com.    IN    A    1.2.3.4
www.domain3.com.    IN    A    1.2.3.4
www.domain4.com.    IN    A    1.2.3.4

When you set up Apache, You will need to give special attention to the
"Listen", "NameVirtualServer" directives and the <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
container.