db_load errors and closed tcp sessions

Tim Seaver tas at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 27 14:48:03 UTC 2001

I'm seeing db_load errors from bind 8.2.3 on solaris 2.6 when named
builds up 255+ open files and fopen calls start failing. People have
reported this in the past, but I haven't seen a resolution to the
specific problem I'm seeing. All of the extra open files appear to
be closed tcp connections - showing as IDLE in netstat -a, with
various remote address+port, but no local address+port (*.*). These
look like client TCP connections that have closed but haven't had the
file descriptor closed by named. Anyone have any clue as to what's
going on here?

Thanks,

	Tim Seaver
	tas at bellsouth.net