New 9.1.1 install on Redhat 7.1 named.conf help

Charles Bodley Bodley at tflogic.com
Thu Apr 19 17:45:36 UTC 2001

I have just installed Bind 9.1.1 on A brand new Redhat 7.1 box. Once I found
the man pages I looked for a sample named.conf file. There were about 30 to
choose from. I'm asking a question about the
/bind-9.9.9/bon/tests/named.conf file. Under Zone "slave.demo.zone" it has
option allow-update { none; }; Wouldn't a slave server need to be updated?
should none be the IP of the master? Also are all the entry's at the
beginning of the file necessary? Or can I ftp the old named.conf from my
8.2.3 server and run it?

Charles A. Bodley
Technician
TF Logic

"It's amazing what you can do with a kind word,
provided you've also got a big stick."
	- Johnny and the Dead