The future evolution of Bind

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Apr 18 20:26:11 UTC 2001

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:44:13PM -0700, Cameron L Palmer wrote:
> Is there a resource or document indicating the rough anticipated
> timeline for Bind's evolution.  I'm wondering what features Bind will
> gain, what version they should appear in and a rough idea when to expect
> them.
>
> cameron.

I don't know.  I would look for draft RFCs describing what future
Internet requirements for DNS would be, and discussion on the
namedroppers mailing list.  BIND appears to evolve in direct response
to several things.  Primary among are the requirements of the RFCs, and
the capability to work with newer and more powerful hardware.  And, of
course, any security problems discovered.

Since this is my own observation, based also on those of others, I may
be wrong, and those whose hands are actually on the wheel are welcome
to tell me so.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B