Resource record - help

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 18 19:44:55 UTC 2001

No, you can't legally create a CNAME for abc.com, because CNAMEs can't co-exist
with records of other types having the same name, and there are already
presumably NS records and an SOA record for abc.com.

You can, however, add an A record for abc.com with the same address, i.e.
"abc.com. a A.B.C.D". Having done that, you could make www.abc.com a CNAME to
this A record, if you wish.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say about reverse lookups and "Public IP
address space". Could you rephrase? It doesn't appear to be related to your
main problem.

- Kevin