Problem with 9.1.1

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Apr 18 09:48:33 UTC 2001

At 6:08 PM -0300 4/17/01, Federico Bockel wrote:

>  (The 3 servers are dedicated to ns, all of them have 768 mb ram each)

	This should be more than enough.  Even if you were a gTLD
nameserver, I can't imagine that you would need 768MB of RAM to
handle the job, and it is my understanding that busy caching
nameservers stabilize today somewhere slightly north of about 256MB
of RAM for the named process.

		The only thing is that you need to get your datasize set
correctly for the named process, so that it can make use of as much
RAM as it needs.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */