BIND vs DNS Commander

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Apr 17 15:43:29 UTC 2001

% Can we get back to BIND here?
%
% james
% --

	A relevent question.  Personally, I appreciate the fact that the
	BIND-USERS mailling list and news group are tolerent of postings
	that do not reflect direct BIND usage.  We see any number of posts
	for DNS services that are non-BIND, e.g. Microsoft DNS, djbdns,
	and the occasional QIP, ciscoLD, and even UltraDNS statements.

	In a fairly real sense, bind-users functions as the old namedroppers
	mailing list worked.. a place to talk about the DNS, its operations,
	and a breeding ground for discussion on needs for feature enhancement.

	I am persuaded that djbDNS has its own support structure (maillist)
	and this list is ostensibly strictly for BIND.  But there is a need
	for a forum to discuss DNS topics that is inclusive of all varients
	and I don;t think we have one anymore.  In its absence, bind-users
	seems to have assumed that role.

	Yes there are the IETF lists, but the seem to be oriented towards
	protocol specific items.

--bill