problems with loading reverse zone data

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Apr 11 17:28:13 UTC 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 05:33:48PM +0100, david.tansley at acelondon.co.uk wrote:
> dns_rdata_fromtext: poppy.revzone: 6: near eol: unexpected end of input/ Loading
> master file poppy.revzone: unexpected end of input.
> $TTL 86400
> @    IN   SOA  test_pc.poppy.com. root.test_pc.poppy.com. (
>                                         20010125
>                                         2H            ; Retry
>                                         1W          ; Expire
>                                         8H)        ; Minimum
>           IN      NS      test_pc.poppy.com.
> 30        IN      PTR     test_pc.poppy.com.

No idea why it gives that message.  But your SOA statement must have
SEVEN items in its definition, and you only have SIX.
	(real) master server
	your e-mail address
	serial number - I would advise 2001021501, in case you need to
	make more than one change a day
	refresh
	retry
	expire
	negative TTL

You are missing the "refresh" time.

If this doesn't fix it, I wonder whether you are missing a terminal NL?
But surely BIND 9 should be able to compensate for that?

If this is an error in the error message, please let bind9-bugs at isc.org
know.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B