problems with loading reverse zone data

david.tansley at acelondon.co.uk david.tansley at acelondon.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 16:33:48 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have bind 9.1.1, but when trying to load my reverse file ' poppy.revzone' I
get the following error....
dns_rdata_fromtext: poppy.revzone: 6: near eol: unexpected end of input/ Loading
master file poppy.revzone: unexpected end of input.

I cannot understand what the problem is, obviously there is a error soemwhere in
line 6!. If I take out the $TTL line out, it seems OK, but then I need that in,
to stop othe error messages, The file contains no control chars, whats going on.
Help plese.

$TTL 86400
@    IN   SOA  test_pc.poppy.com. root.test_pc.poppy.com. (
                                        20010125
                                        2H            ; Retry
                                        1W          ; Expire
                                        8H)        ; Minimum
          IN      NS      test_pc.poppy.com.
30        IN      PTR     test_pc.poppy.com.

regards David.

 CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may
 also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
 that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
 information in it is strictly prohibited.If you are not the named
 recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose
 the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or
 copy the information in any medium.