Remember this?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Apr 10 18:20:00 UTC 2001

Christine Tran wrote:

> <Mark.Andrews at nominum.com> wrote:
>

> >       Forward zones only have an effect if the server would have
> >       recursed to answer the query.
> >
> >       In the nyc.booksellers.com case the server is authoratative
> >       for booksellers.com and nyc.booksellers.com is not delegated
> >       namespace so it won't recurse.  Your telling named to hand
> >       out contradictory answers based on named.conf and the zones
> >       contents.
>
> I have added the "recursion yes;" and no progress.

Not surprising, since that's the default anyway.

> Client swore up & down
> it used to work.  Can I get this to work in any way?  voodoo.net HAS to
> be slave for booksellers.com, no way around that one.  nyc not delegated
> because it and booksellers.com served out of same authoritative server.

I don't understand that last sentence. Why should the presence or absence of
a delegation be in any way dependent on whether or not the parent and child
zone are "served out of same authoritative server"? To put it another way:
what do you think will break if you add the delegation?

- Kevin