bind 8.2.3 memory leak

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Apr 4 05:14:07 UTC 2001

> Thanks for your reply Mark.
>
> When I say all zones I mean all valid zones.  Invalid queries happen all the
> time (as I'm sure you're aware).  BTW, these name servers have no connection
> to the internet and are root servers.

	How can there be an "invalid" query as you claim these servers
	serve all of the name space.  All queries should fall within
	one of the zones being served (including ".").  If they don't
	then your claim is false and they are caching servers.

	Note BIND 8.2.3 will fail to serve a zone if it detects a error
	while loading and will behave as a caching server for the
	namespace that would otherwise be serving.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com