Interesting problem.

nicolew at icehouse.net nicolew at icehouse.net
Tue Apr 3 22:49:47 UTC 2001

The ip of the client is stuck. The name servers have no trouble changing and
updating, and getting propagation. This is something I've never seen, nor has
anyone else I've spoken with.

I have spoken with Verio on this, and they claim over and over again that the
record has been deleted. In fact, I discovered they've already recycled the old
ip to a testing server. The ip came from a class that was assigned to CCNETS,
and I had them check and double check, swip and re-swip, and still nothing.
And, the existing record is now through Verio with a forward to my information.
It just doesn't make any sense. The domain is dossmarketing.com if you would
like to see what I am talking about.

It's so strange because everyone is picking up the appropriate mx and name
servers, just not the darn ip.

Thanks for your help.

Nicole
nicolew at icehouse.net

Quoting Jean-Christophe Smith <jsmith at publichost.com>:

> The IP of the website/client is stuck on the old ip? or the nameserver
> ip
> listed with the internic is stuck on the old ip?
>
> Perhaps verio never deleted the old zone containing the ancient ip
> address,
> and even though you may have your own zone locally, if any of your
> resolvers
> point to verio, those name servers may respond as being the authority
> for
> that domain.
>
> Jean-Christophe Smith
> VitalStream