Interesting problem.

Nicole Wagner nicolew at icehouse.net
Tue Apr 3 21:35:59 UTC 2001

Alright, I've exhausted all of my resources on this problem and believe it
is now time to take it up with a newsgroup.

Here's the situation. I aquired a new domain after this particular clients
provider at the time had closed up shop. I figured it wouldn't be difficult
to transfer the domain, but here's the situation. I went ahead and
transferred the domain through NSI and it showed up with the appropriate
name servers, however, everything upon lookups shows up just
fine.......except the ip address. No matter what name servers this domain
has been moved to, I cannot shake their prior ip address. I moved it from my
name servers to that of Verio seeing as they were the backbone for both my
company, and the previous company that hosted the domain. I believe the most
interesting part to be that the mx record is showing up appropriately, I
just can't seem to figure out why the ip isn't changing.

Any ideas? Feel free to interrogate me, I've tried everything under the sun
from jacking serial numbers within the records, to switching providers, to
spending hours on the phone with NSI. Has anyone else seen this problem
before, or know what I may have missed?

Nicole