BIND 4 Pri and BIND 8 Sec

ermc at sph.com.sg ermc at sph.com.sg
Thu Sep 14 02:16:31 UTC 2000

converted my bind 4 using named-bootconf.pl to bind 8. My pri and sec runs
on UNIX

Funny thing is that my PC can resolve only after the sec or pri DNS has
resolved.

Any advice?

                    Joseph S D Yao
                    <jsdy at cospo.osi        To:     ermc at sph.com.sg
                    s.gov>                 cc:     bind-users at isc.org
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: BIND 4 Pri and BIND 8 Sec
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    13/09/2000
                    10:16 PM

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 06:32:07PM +0800, ermc at sph.com.sg wrote:

> I have a master DNS running BIND 4 and slave running BIND 8
>
> If I reference my PC to the slave running BIND 8, I got the following
error

> C:\>nslookup
> Default Server:  <DNS server domain>
> Address:  DNS server addr
>
> > www.hardwarezone.com
> Server:  <DNS server domain>
> Address:  DNS server addr
>
> DNS request timed out.
>     timeout was 2 seconds.
> *** <DNS server domain> can't find www.hardwarezone.com: Non-existent
> domain
>
> If I reference my PC to the slave running BIND 4 - has no problem
resolving
> at all.
>
> Anyone can advise on the error?

You didn't mention a slave running BIND 4 in the above until the end.

The servers are phing.com and ns2.phing.com?

I can't look at them right now, but do you have anything in the BIND 4
master that BIND 8 no longer accepts?  [Check the logs in the BIND 8
slave.]

--
Joe Yao                  jsdy at cospo.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                        EMT-B

NOTE: Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible
this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email. All opinions, conclusions and other
information expressed in this message not of an official nature shall
not be deemed as given or endorsed by SPH unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.

This mail was processed by Mail essentials for Exchange/SMTP,
the email security & management gateway. Mail essentials adds
content checking, email encryption, anti spam, anti virus,
attachment compression, personalised auto responders, archiving
and more to your Microsoft Exchange Server or SMTP mail server.
For more information visit http://www.mailessentials.com