BIND 4 Pri and BIND 8 Sec

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 13 14:16:59 UTC 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 06:32:07PM +0800, ermc at sph.com.sg wrote:

> I have a master DNS running BIND 4 and slave running BIND 8
>
> If I reference my PC to the slave running BIND 8, I got the following error
>
> C:\>nslookup
> Default Server:  <DNS server domain>
> Address:  DNS server addr
>
> > www.hardwarezone.com
> Server:  <DNS server domain>
> Address:  DNS server addr
>
> DNS request timed out.
>     timeout was 2 seconds.
> *** <DNS server domain> can't find www.hardwarezone.com: Non-existent
> domain
>
> If I reference my PC to the slave running BIND 4 - has no problem resolving
> at all.
>
> Anyone can advise on the error?

You didn't mention a slave running BIND 4 in the above until the end.

The servers are phing.com and ns2.phing.com?

I can't look at them right now, but do you have anything in the BIND 4
master that BIND 8 no longer accepts?  [Check the logs in the BIND 8
slave.]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B