other experiments

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 13 21:53:47 UTC 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 04:15:27PM +0100, Quadri, Jay wrote:
> Sorry, I'll rephrase the question:
> If my NS server (NS0) was acting as a slave to several external zones, if I
> queried one of these external zones host, and I have NS0 set as my only
> resolver, will I resolve the external name directly (GOTO)  or will NS0 seek
> help from the hint file (climb up the tree so to speak) assuming it wasn't
> cached.

I already answered this question.  Please read what I wrote.

Directly, of course.  IT IS AUTHORITATIVE.  An authoritative server for
a zone NEVER asks ANYTHING else about its zone of anybody else.

Even if you [the human] didn't tell it everything about that zone.  It
trusts you.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B