nsupdate errors - where to get more info?

Treptow, Craig Treptow.Craig at principal.com
Fri Sep 8 19:58:51 UTC 2000

Nothing gets in the logs.  What I've discovered is that the only =
message
coming directly from nsupdate is the "res_send: send error, n=3D-1".  =
The others
are from an interveining program that I didn't know about earlier.

I've also discovered that the update will fail with the above error =
message
whenever the master DNS is listed as the 4th NS record.  If it comes =
back as
the first through third NS record the update works fine.  It will =
probably
also fail if the master is listed the 5-? NS record, but I don't have =
that
many secondaries and haven't been able to test it.