telnet App not recursive

Tilman Schmidt Tilman.Schmidt at sema.de
Wed Sep 6 16:03:46 UTC 2000

At 15:50 06.09.00 +0100, Quadri, Jay wrote:
>I have two nameservers listed in my workstation's resolv.conf file.  The
>first entry in the Internet NS and the second is the Intranet NS.  When I
>telnet to an Intranet server, my telnet application does not try to resolve
>using the second NS in the resolv.conf file list.  Any ideas?

That's as it should be. The second entry in resolv.conf is only used
if the first one doesn't answer at all. If the first one answers,
saying that the host doesn't exist, then the application believes it
and doesn't look further.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt at sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman at schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)