nslookup: server failed

Hoomaan Naimi hoomaannaimi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 16:45:13 UTC 2000

Hi all,
Yesterday when I wanted to defile a new zone on
NS.AFRANET.COM, named iraniec.com, I encountered a
strange problem. When I do nslookup on NS.AFRANET.COM
with "set type=ns", it returns the name servers
correctly. But it neither resolves the SOA nor the A
records, it returns "ns.afranet.com can't find
iraniec.com: Server failed".Although when I dump the
named cache, I see that all domains I host are listed
at zone table, except this newly defined domain. When
I tried to create this zone on another DNS machine,
everything went OK!!
I do not know what is the problem with ns.afranet.com
. When I watched syslog messages, I visited these
messages:
"ns_forw: query(iraniec.com) contains our addres
s (NS.AFRANET.COM:213.166.26.2)"
Those anybody have an idea about the problem?

Best Regards
Hoomaan Naimi
Afranet Network Administrator