how do i start name server?

tk dev tk_dev at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 05:39:07 UTC 2000

HI all,

i've my /etc/named.conf ready & the necessary db
files.
after having done that, i followed the "3rd ed of dns
& bind -oreilly" which says if i issue
%nslookup mydomain   #or host or ip
i should get my name server with it's ip.

the strange thing is
mine turns out to be an error
**can't find server name for address 10.0.0.20

=N.B. 10.0.0.20 is my ip (everything is in 1 machine)

I've previously run /usr/sbin/named
& in /etc/rc.config
i've changed START_NAMED=yes  #b4 it was no
& restarted the server.
after it restarted, i chk with 'ps'
& i found the User> 'named'
'named  116 (pid) ...../usr/sbin/named -u named -g
named (command) '

my apache server works, i suppose coz of the hosts
file.

Pls advice me.
thanks in advance for your help.
tk

=====
0Oo~~:o)
Smile! You'r Alive!!!

Q:What's peacefulness?
A:What's confusion? Peacefulness is the end of confusion.

o.0.Oo.o May there be peace in every step we take :o):tk